Jessica is a holistic therapist and is passionate about cruelty-free living, animal welfare, and health, beauty and fashion. Her blog covers all aspects of a vegan lifestyle – find it at crueltyfreecottage.blogspot.co.uk
If you’re anything like me, you just love to spoil your pets on their birthday/adoption anniversary: lots of treats, lots of toys and lots of cake!
Here is my tried and tested cake recipe for your canine companion (I make it every year for my dog Jack). Even if your dog is not vegan they are sure to enjoy this tasty treat, so why not give it a try?
• 1 banana, mashed
• 1⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
• 1⁄4 cup sunflower oil
• 1 cup shredded carrots
• 1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a small cake tin.
2. Mix together the mashed banana, peanut butter and sunflower oil until smooth.
3. Stir in the carrots and then the flour. Mix until well combined.
4. Spoon the mixture into the cake tin and bake for about 20-30 minutes until lightly golden brown.
5. Once the cake has cooled you can spread a layer of peanut butter on top and decorate using doggy treats, slices of banana or a little icing.