– 50 gr vegan margarine
– 50 gr flour
– 500 ml soy milk
– 1 teaspoon egg replacer
– 2 leeks
– 1 cauliflower
– 150 gr mushrooms
– 1 onion
– 40 gr vegan ham slices
– 100 gr grated vegan cheese
– salt and herbs to taste
1. Chop the leeks, cauliflower, onion and mushrooms.
2. Melt the vegan margarine in a pan and sauté the leeks and onion until soft. Add a pinch of salt (or a lot if you’re like me.)
3. Change leeks and onion into saucepan and add the cauliflower, mushrooms, flour and milk. Add preferred herbs and more salt if desired. Cook for about 15 minutes. Stir often.
4. Add egg replacer (in the form recommended on the package. I used 1 tsp of TheVegg with 1/4 cup water.) Let cool for 5 minutes.
5. Shred 4, 5 vegan ham slices (in my case VBites) and add to the mix.
6. Put mix into quiche pan and cover with grated vegan cheese (I covered only half using Daiya.)
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.