I made up a recipe for a very fabulous vegan pizza! I didn’t think pizza could be a part of my life anymore since I went vegan, so I was beyond excited to realize that this is absolutely not the case. And this is honestly the best pizza I’ve ever had!
I use a gluten free pizza base mix, available from most supermarkets, but it could be made even healthier by using buckwheat flour or a cauliflower base (Deliciously Ella does a good one, though time consuming).
– Gluten-free pizza base mix
– Tomato passata/crushed tomatoes
– 6-8 medium mushrooms
– 1 large red onion
– 1 aubergine
– Rocket or baby spinach
– Chili, fresh or flaked
– A pinch of salt
1. Prepare the base while heating the oven to 220 C.
2. When it is ready, put it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes while frying the sliced mushroom, onion and aubergine until slightly soft.
3. Cover the base in a thin layer of tomato sauce, add the vegetables except the rocket/spinach, artichokes and chilies.
4. Cook for 10-12 mins until the edges of the base turn light brown and crisp.
5. Take the pizza out, add rocket, artichokes, chili and a generous drizzle of olive oil + a pinch of salt.